Ozarka Aviation Logo


Flight lessons are conducted at the Melbourne Municipal Airport.
Yes. As an aviation student you will operate the controls a majority of the time. The aircraft are equipped with dual controls in the event that the instructor needs to fly. For example, the instructor may demonstrate a maneuver and then have the student perform the maneuver.
Yes. An FAA medical is required to fly an aircraft solo or to act as Pilot-in-Command. Applicants who fail to meet certain requirements or who have physical disabilities, which might limit, but not prevent, their acting as pilots will need to work with the FAA to obtain a special authorization.
Effective April 1, 2016, new student pilots must complete an application through the Integrated Airman Certification and Rating Application (IACRA) website, or submit an FAA 8710-1 Form to a Flight Standards District Office (FSDO), designated pilot examiner (DPE), a appropriate member of a part 141 flight school, or to a certificated flight instructor (CFI). Your student pilot certificate will be processed, and you will receive a plastic card certificate in the mail.
Yes. However, flight fees are actually included in your overall tuition and fees charged while enrolled in the Aviation Program at Ozarka.
There are a number of financial aid options available for students. These include grants, scholarships, and government or private loans. Some students may be eligible for aid through Veterans Affairs benefits for their service in the military. Students should contact the financial aid office for more information.
AAS – Commercial Pilot: Students will graduate with a Private Pilot Certificate, Instrument Rating, Commercial Pilot Certificate, and a Multi-Engine Rating. These will allow you to operate small (less than 12,500 lbs.), multi-engine, non-turbine aircraft throughout the National Airspace System, for hire. Students wishing to fly for a career will be ready to move forward into a working position as a pilot, such as becoming a flight instructor; flying for hire; or to train for further ratings, endorsements, or experience for earning an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate.
Yes however not immediately upon completion. The airlines require that pilots have an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate. This requires a Commercial Pilot Certificate, along with 1,500 hours of flight experience (unless the pilot meets all the requirements for a Restricted-ATP). Graduates from Ozarka’s AAS – Commercial Pilot degree can qualify to meet the requirements for a Restricted-ATP, which will reduce the number of required hours of flight experience to 1,250 hours, with some limitations.

Do you have a question that we haven’t answered here?

Please feel welcome to call 870.368.2391 or email us at flying@ozarka.edu, and we will be happy to help you with any additional questions you might have.

Responsive image

Ozarka College Aviation
ATTN: Ozarka Aviation
524A Airport Road
Melbourne, AR 72556



Ozarka myFBO

K42A AWOS - LiveStream


Image of Mitchell

Susan Mitchell
Aviation Assistant

Image of Jackson

Clinton Jackson
Director of Aviation

Scholarships are Available